Atlanta Commercial Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucking accidents result in some of the most devastating injuries, including head trauma and spinal cord damage. Many of these are catastrophic injuries. If the accident happened while working, you are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits from your employer. The benefits you receive can alleviate some of your financial burden from medical bills, travel expenses to and from doctor appointments and lost wages from work.
Long & Holder, LLP
The workers' compensation lawyers at the Atlanta, Georgia, law firm of Long & Holder have several years of experience representing workers injured in commercial truck accidents. We have the knowledge and skills to prove injuries are directly related to the accident and recover full workman's comp benefits for our clients.
Was the truck accident your fault? You still may be able to collect workers' compensation. Contact us today to discuss your situation in a free consultation.
Injured Across State Lines
Commercial truck accidents are unique because the worker may be from one state, but injured in another. Clients commonly wonder where they should file their claim. While each case is different, there are significant benefits to filing a workers' compensation claim in Georgia:
- Georgia offers lifetime medical treatment at no cost.
- Georgia is not a maximum medical improvement state (MMI). Benefits cannot be limited just because the doctor says you are not going to get any better.
- Injured workers receive benefits based on the amount of time out of work, which typically means they receive benefits for a longer period of time, which could be lifetime for a catastrophic injury.
As experienced workplace injury lawyers, we know how to maximize the benefits you receive. We will carefully evaluate your situation and advise on the best option for your situation. We then fight hard to ensure our clients receive the benefits they are entitled to by law.
Successful Workers' Compensation Attorneys
Our firm has had considerable success representing workers injured in trucking accidents. In one case, Tom Holder represented a truck driver who was severely injured in a head-on collision caused by another driver. He settled this case for $200,000.
- Tom Holder had a client who was injured twice in the same day on a construction site. The client first slipped & fell, landing on right shoulder. The same day he went to his truck to pick up materials & fell from backwards off the truck, landing on his head and back. The materials fell on top of him. Tom Holder helped his client receive treatment for the numerous injuries he sustained and then settled his case for $140,000.
- Jim Long represented a man who injured his eye and his neck when his overloaded delivery truck turned over. Jim Long settled the case for $160,000.
See more of our successful case results.
Contact Long & Holder Today
Contact our law firm today if you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a commercial truck accident while at work. We can help recover the workers' compensation benefits you need.